Preventive Maintenance Allow machine to run for 2 hours for bath temperature to equilibrate.
• Use only distilled water in a water bath. If non-‐distilled water has been used, it’s important to clean away any water deposits that have accumulated.
• Clean the water bath with mild soap and water solution. Do not clean the water bath with
• Rinse the water bath with clean water and wipe dry with a soft cloth. Stainless steel does not rust, but foreign materials in the tank may rust or leave rust spots. Never use steel wool to remove buildups. (See explanations for suggestions)
• Check water level frequently during use, especially during higher operating temperatures, and add water as needed. Running a dry tank can strain interior surfaces
• Turn off the bath each evening. Otherwise water may completely evaporate, leaving the bath dry. This can cause damage to the water bath and create a fire hazard.
• Plastic racks are preferred for water bath use. However, if the water bath boils dry while containing plastic test-‐tube racks, the plastic will melt.