• Inspect the power cord, strain relief and plug/s for any signs of damage.
• Turn unit off, unplug***, open user accessible covers and inspect unit for damage.
• Clean unit interior components and exterior with compressed air.
• Inspect interior for signs of corrosion or missing hardware. Repair as required.
• Inspect electrical components for signs of excessive heat or deterioration.
• Clean exterior with warm water and liquid soap or mild detergent.
• Replace probe if disposable.
• Ensure nothing is blocking LEDs or photodetector on probe. If blocked, clean with
peroxide solution, or isopropyl alcohol. Do not use acetone, butyl alcohol, denatured
ethanol, Freon, trichloroethylene or any petroleum-‐based solutions. Verify red light is
being emitted in probe.
• Remove probe from finger and verify that alarm is working.
• Unplug probe and verify that alarm is working.
• Examine switches and controls for proper function.
• Confirm lights, indicators, and displays are working.
• Verify machine can run on line power without battery.
• Check suggested replacement date for battery to see if date is passed or approaching